I am so excited to be your first grade teacher!!I have been teaching first grade at Jeffrey Clark for 3 years and I am having a BLAST! You are going to learn so much this year and have so much fun doing it, I know you will too!I have been in education for over 18 years with a BA in Elementary Education (K-8) and a BA in Psychology.I love being at school with all of my crew, but when I'm home I enjoy spending time with my husband and 3 children.They are 15, 12 and 11 and keep us very busy with soccer, basketball, lacrosse, field hockey and swim!We also have a dog named Mia....but she thinks she is a person!Some of my favorite things: (email me and tell me yours!!)
- My favorite animal is the panda, I really wish I could have one!
- I like to be silly and I love to laugh!
- Goofy is my favorite Disney character. Can you guess why?
- Music makes me happy! I like to sing and dance ALOT! Get ready to move in room 105!
- My favorite vegetable is a stuffed artichoke! Have you ever had one?? I think they are YUMMY!
- My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip. I prefer when it is green like alien ice cream!
- I love any and all gummy candy! Swedish fish and gummy bears are my favorite!
- My favorite color is purple, anyone else?
- My favorite place to go on vacation is Jamaica...we have been there 7 times!
- My favorite bird is the hummingbird. Did you know they are the only birds that can fly like helicopters (up, down, sideways, front and back)?
- I LOVE the moon! We have a lot of them in the classroom, wonder how many more we can fit? We will talk about space as much as we can!
It is my philosophy that each child be given a variety of opportunities to succeed. Through whole group, independent and small group instruction, the student is able to view and practice the content in a variety of ways. Having an interactive, hands on environment strengthens and challenges the learner to enhance their experience.