- Buses will depart starting around 3:30 p.m.
- A procedure has been developed to carefully supervise students from the school to the bus.
- No cars or other vehicles are permitted in this area. This will be strictly enforced.
Dismissal for Non Transported Students (students without a bus assignment)
- Dismissal will begin at 3:20 (normal day schedule) or 12:40 (early dismissal schedule).
- At 3:20, parents/ guardians will assume responsibility of their children. If an adult is not present to pick up the child, he/she will be brought back into the main office.
- If you would like your child to walk home without supervision, please submit a request in writing to the building principal.
- Cars must be parked in one of our parking areas and parents/guardians will meet students at the main entrance.
- Parents, guardians or the adult with signed permission to pick up a student should be at the main entrance by 3:20 p.m.
- Students will not be dismissed to a stopped car in front of our building.
- Students will not be permitted to walk into the parking area without adult supervision.
Students for Parent Pick Up (Students with bus assignments who will be picked up by parent/guardian)
- Parent pick up students will be dismissed from the library after all walkers have been dismissed.
- Parents/guardians should enter through the exterior library door.
- Parent pick up students will need to be signed out each day.
- Students will only be permitted to leave with their parent or guardian once it is established that appropriate identification, such as a driver’s license, has been presented. A staff member will be on hand to check identification.
- Identification will be accepted once it is established that the parent or guardian is on our list.
- This identification process may not be necessary once our staff member becomes familiar with the parent or guardian.
- If there is a question concerning appropriate identification, the parent or guardian will be invited into the main office for further identification to be determined by our school secretary.
- If parents or guardians are not present at dismissal, students will be asked to come to the main office and parents will be contacted.
- Students may be sent to Beyond the Bell if lateness persists.
- Please review below concerning “Change of Regular Dismissal.”
Change to regular Dismissal
- A change of regular schedule means that your child is going home in a manner different than indicated on their Daily Dismissal Procedure form completed at the start of the school year.
- If your child is regularlydimissed as a bus rider, parent pick up, non transported, or Beyond the Bell student and you have instructed them to be dismissed in a different manner, a “Change to Dismissal” form must be sent in to your child’s teacher for that day for any changes to your child’s dismissal.
- The “Change to Dismissal” form can be downloaded from the district website or access through the link below. Copies are also available in the main office.
- Do not send in notes for multiple days.
- The “Change to Dismissal” form must be sent in to your child’s teacher the morning of that change.
- The teacher will notify the office of that change.
- Any change after the beginning of the school day should be called in no later than 1:00 on regular dismissal days and 11:00 on early dismissal days.
- Please do not call or e-mail teacher of the change but rather contact the main office.