Here is what should be in the practice box by the end of the year!
red, yellow, blue, orange, green, purple, black, white, brown, gray, pinkUNDER CONSTRUCTION (sight words will be updated soon)I, can, a, am, the, we, like, see, go, have, to, is, play, for, you, are, this, do, and, what, here, was, little, said, he, she, with, me, my, where, by, of, from, or, they, be,
Word Family Words:
at, fat, bat, hat, sat, pat, mat,
had, sad, bad,
am, Pam, Cam, ham, bam, jam, Sam
map, sap, tap, zap,
tan, can, man, fan, pan,
vet, get, let
hen, men, Jen
kit, it, sit, pit, hit, lit, bit,
tip, sip, rip, tip, ship, chip
top, cop, mop, hop, pop, shop,
hot, dot, lot, cot, not, got,
sun, bunIdentify letters and sounds: Mm, Aa, Ss, Pp, Tt, Ii, Nn, Cc, Oo, Ff, Hh, Dd, Rr, Ee, Ll, Bb, Kk, Uu, Gg, Ww, Vv, Xx, Jj, Qq, Yy, ZzSay the alphabet, give a pair of rhyming words, give a pair of opposite words, identify left and right,
Give sound: ch, sh, th, wh, ckName and use: . ! ?
Count by 1's to 100, count by 10's to 100
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, tenName and use: - + =Solve: 5+0=, 2+2=, 4+0=, 1+2=, 4+1=, 3+2=, 1+3=, 1+1=, 3+3=, 2-1=, 4-2=, 3-2=, 5-3=Combine two groups of objects to make numbers through 10.
What is _ and _? (Give your child numbers 0-10 and have your child tell you what it equals.)Identify shapes and know if 2-d or 3-d- square, triangle, rectangle, circle, hexagon, sphere, cylinder, cube, coneCompare lengths using longer and shorter; compare weight using heavier and lighter; compare height using taller and shorter.
Some Extra Activities:
* Have your child practice identifying his or her own name.
* Have your child practice spelling his or her name to you.
* Have your child practice writing his or her name!
* Have your child practice finding my name and comparing it to other names. (They can even do this with friends' names!)
* Practice finding things that are the same and different.
* Positions -- under, over, on, behind, in front, LEFT AND RIGHT
* Sorting - clothes (by color, type, size, etc), socks, silverware, etc.
* Rhymes - have your child sing the Name Game, have your child identify which words rhyme with colors. ("Which rhymes with red ... bed or silly?") Later, they can come up with their own color rhymes!
* Matching color words to something in the house that's that color! (If you notice your child is having trouble with this, you can write color words on index cards and stick them on things that are that color! Whenever your child walks by a sign, have him or her say it-spell it-say it!)
* Have your child 'stretch' or 'pound' a word and try to write down the sounds they hear!
WE LOVE TO USE OUR PRACTICE BOXES!
Here are some of the ideas our class uses:
* Going "Wording" by putting all the words on the floor and picking one at a time
* Playing "Say it, Spell it, Say it" with different words
* One person asks a question, and the other one uses the words to answer it
* Playing memory to match numerals and number words
* Having a "Rhyme Off" where you put all the words that rhyme into a pile
* See how many words you can use in a sentence (that makes sense!)