How is a student referred?
- A teacher identifies a student who is having difficulty in one of the following areas: academic, social, behavioral, or health. The area(s) is affecting the student's school program.
- Teacher implements and documents classroom interventions for a period of at least 6-8 weeks.
- Teacher completes and submits an I&RS packet to the building principal which will include a log of the documented interventions, outcomes of interventions, and clearly stated reasons for the referral.
- The I&RS coordinator and building principal review the referral packet to ensure that it is completed accurately.
- A meeting is scheduled with the I&RS team to determine course of action.
- Parents are invited to a consultation meeting following the initial I&RS team meeting.
- Students who are given an I&RS plan are reviewed bi-monthly.