Prevention Tips for Parents
Lead by example!
- Teach your child to be both strong and kind.
- Know your child’s friends and make sure everyone understands your view of teasing and violence.
- Set a good example by exercising appropriate conflict resolution.
- Make sure your child understands that there are consequences for aggressive behavior.
- Let your child know that you have time for whatever concerns him/her.
- Establish rules and consequences for misuse of internet/email.
- Instruct your child to never get into an argument with someone online.