Special Area -- Behavior Management 2018
“Bee” Amazing in Our Hive!
Objective: Special Area Teachers will reinforce respectful, responsible, and kind behavior via our “Bee” Amazing program.
- Each Special Area Teacher will have personalized bee hives available for each class. As students in the class behave in a kind, respectful, or responsible way, the teacher will present the class/student with a hive. There is NO limit as to the number of hives that may be earned by a class in one period.
- Earned hives will go in specially marked containers depending on grade level.
- Each week on Day 1 (beginning on Thursday, October 11), one Special Area subject teacher will select a Beginner, 1st, and 2nd grade hive from the grade level containers. The classes picked earn a *bonus reward/activity in that specific content area.
- Winning classes for the week will be announced at the end of the day on DAY 1.
- Each week, the subject area will rotate based on a previously arranged schedule.
Objective: Special Area Teachers will enforce a three-step consequence scale for behavior that is disruptive, disrespectful, unkind.
First instance: Warning to the student for behavior/words
Second instance: Warning and/or reassignment of seat, temporary loss of privilege
Third instance: Total loss of privilege and call/note to family